Valentine's Day!!!

6:50 AM

This past weekend was Valentine's day!!! I love all holidays and Nate just does not get as excited about them as me.. he kept saying Valentine's day isn't even a real holiday... haha!!!!

In the morning, Nate gave me tulips, lots of chocolates, and my favorite chocolate cake donuts. In the afternoon, we went on a double date with 2 of my, best friends from Hawaii, Sam & Katie, and their husbands!!! It was sooo much fun all being together again (Sam lives in Mesa and Katie lives in Idaho but was in AZ for a flight layover). We haven't all been together in about 5 years, but it still felt like it was just yesterday that we were surfing and hanging out on the beach every day!!!



We went to dinner at a place called Sauce that had really good pizza and salad and then got acai bowls across the street. It was so much fun all being together again!!! It's funny how with good friends, it can be so long since you've seen them but still feels totally the same when you are back together!



It was funny to see our husbands talking and comparing things about us! Nate thinks its crazy I have a whole dresser drawer full of swim suits and beach dresses, when we don't even live by the beach. I guaranteed that Sam and Katie did too and was right!

We pretty much all agreed it was a miracle we all left Hawaii and got married. We were all set on living there forever and surfing every day!!!



I still love Hawaii soooo much and always will, but I am glad I moved when I did, because getting married to Nate is the best thing I ever did. He is so sweet to me and we always have so much fun together, I'd choose being with him any day over living in Hawaii!



It was an awesome Valentine's day and I am so thankful for my amazing husband, family, and friends!!! I feel so blessed to have so much love in my life!!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ashley! I finally just saw this post and I absolutely love it! That was so much fun getting together. You are awesome! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie!!! It was sooo much fun hanging out with you & Sam & our hubbies!!! Miss you too!!!! I can't wait for our surf trip!!! Now we just need to plan it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images