Halloween Week

5:47 AM

The past week went by quick. On Wednesday, Nate and I drove down to Mesa. We had dinner at Cafe Rio, of course. Then we visited my friend, Sam. Sam was one of my best friends in Hawaii. At first I thought she was stuck up (haha, I don't even know why!) but we went surfing together with another friend and instantly became good friends. Maybe because no other girls were as obsessed with surfing as us.. haha! Anyways, it was so fun to see Sam! Whenever I see Hawaii friends, it is just like we never left Hawaii.



Quick story, when Nate and I were dating I had just moved to San Diego from Hawaii one month ago, after living there for the past 7 years. I missed it sooo much and probably talked about it waaaay to much. Nate had gone to Hawaii on vacation with his family when he was in high school so I asked him if he loved it. He said, "It was ok, not that great." and kept acting like he didn't love it. I was sooo annoyed and I remember thinking, "I don't know if I can even date this guy, how can someone go to Hawaii and not completely love it?!" Late on he told me he had just acted like he didn't like Hawaii to annoy me because he thought it was so funny...!

After visiting Sam, Jordan, and her cute baby Allie, we went to a party to see my uncle Jeff on the show "Rival Survival". Jeff is an AZ Senator and was on a reality tv show on Discovery Channel with a Democratic Senator. It was fun to watch the show with lots of family and to hear Jeff talk about it. It freaked me out how many sharks were in the water while they were spearfishing!!! Crazy!!

Friday was Halloween! I think I get way to excited about holidays because the night before every holiday (or trip) I can't sleep at all because I am too excited! Then I wake up all tired and grumpy and with expectations way too high. (Poor Nate, always having to try and meet my holiday expectations..he hates it.. haha!) Work went by fast because the classes at the school I was at were doing cute Halloween activities. Then Nate and I were deciding between going to our ward Trunk or Treat of staying home and handing out candy to trick or treaters.

I had plenty of good costumes that we could have done for Trunk or Treat, the top one was Nate could be the grinch (think lots of green paint and green fur) and I could be cute Cindy Lou Who. Nate will never agree to dress up with me for some reason! The only costume he wanted to do was from the movie Lars and the Real Girl. He would be the Ryan Gosling character and I would be a plastic doll in a wheelchair...maybe next year.

Finally, we decided since this is the first time that we've lived in a house that would get trick or treaters we decided to stay home. I made some chicken pot pies shaped like pumpkins, apple cider, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. We carved a pumpkin and then we waited and waited for trick or treaters. Only like 10 came!!! Luckily my sister and her boys came over later, so I just dumped our candy in their bags. So overall, it was a bit of a disappointment. I think we just need to start having kids so they can get excited about holidays with me!!! (:



Just waiting for some trick-or-treaters...


Saturday was Kade's baptism. Nate and I accidentally though it was at a different chapel, so we barely got there in time! I lead the music, which I have never done before and did so very awkwardly.. (: Kade had the biggest smile on his face the whole time and looked so happy. It was so sweet to see him so happy and excited! Nate and I were so glad that we were able to be there!

Overall, it was a very busy but fun week!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. What is up with the wide open mouths in that last pictures, ha ha. Sorry about your disappointing Halloween :(
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Melissa! Love your blog post ash! Your house is so cute! -Britt

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images