2:22 PM

On Saturday Nate and I helped clean our church, went to a car wash for the wrestling team Nate coaches, and then went to the Melting Pot for dinner. Then we rushed home to watch the Cultural Celebration. Our nephew Rhett was in it and it was so fun to watch. It really was amazing and so many people helped out and spent so many, many hours of service to make it so good! Yesterday we had a family brunch at our house. We made lemon poppyseed pancakes with berries, hashbrowns, eggs, and bacon! It was so fun having my family over. On Friday we are going to head to San Diego for the weekend! We feel so blessed being close by both of our families!

Lately, we have been watching a ton of HGTV shows, looking at pinterest for ideas, and looking into renovation ideas. We have already done a lot of little things to our house and it looks a lot better than when we first moved in (I don't know if that's saying much though because it was a disaster when we moved in!). I love seeing home renovations and getting ideas but I also don't like it at all sometimes. With all of the shows, the people end up with a perfect looking house and all of the pinterest pins show the most beautiful, perfect homes with white couches and millions of throw pillows and accessories. It makes me feel like I need to buy more things, and have everything completely done to perfection right away.

I have always dreamed of how my dream kitchen would look. White cabinets, gray marble countertops, a big island. Typical pinterest kitchen. After going to several different places and getting prices, we found out it would take much more than we expected to get the look we wanted. I just can't justify spending so much money on new countertops when we spent that same amount or less traveling to Belize and Guatemala and doing a million amazing things we will never forget there! I would definitely rather use the money on another trip and live with the counters how they are.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images