Drive up the Coast- Day 3

2:39 PM

We woke up early and headed down to take a walk on the beach our hotel was on. We were the only ones on the beach, well us and about 100 seagulls that were floating in the water and flying around. After a long walk on the beach, we headed to a little cafe for the best breakfast. Nate got french toast which he ate in about 30 seconds! I wanted a bite but by the time I had about 3 bites of my food I looked up and his was completely gone! I had the best waffle with tons of berries, bananas, and whipped cream!



Our next stop was the Monterey Bay Aquarium and it was amazing!!! They had a special jellyfish exhibit that had over a hundred different types of jellyfish. We were in awe of all of the different kinds. There are egg yolk jellyfish, which look exactly like a cracked egg, and rainbow glow jellyfish that are neon rainbow colored in the dark! The whole exhibit was so incredible to see but also made me cringe thinking of being stung!!! My friend Sam and I both got stung by a box jellyfish while we were surfing in Hawaii and it was the most pain I have EVER been in. We both thought we were going to die! I am still so fascinated by jellyfish though!!



Trying to get a picture of Nate by his favorite, penguins! It took a few tries to get a normal one!





After the aquarium, we drove to San Francisco!!! It was so hard to find parking there and we finally found a spot on a huge hill that we hoped we wouldn't get a ticket for. We walked down to Fisherman's Wharf and our first stop was Ghirardelli Square. We saw chocolate being made and had the BEST chocolate brownie ice cream sundae I have ever had! I am an extreme chocolate lover so I was in heaven!! Then we found a place for Nate to get some clam chowder. We could see Alcatraz and wanted to take a boat tour to see it closer, but were a little worried about getting a ticket on our car. We will definitely come back to San Francisco another time though.




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love your posts! Sounds like such a fun trip, it would be fun to go with you since you know all the best places now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you and Matt need to come on a trip with us!!!

      Delete

Flickr Images