Conference Weekend

2:53 PM

This weekend was so nice & relaxing, just what was needed! My mom's birthday was on Friday (April Fools Day) so Brooke, Britt, & I took her out to lunch at Oregano's. It was fun to be able to celebrate her b-day with her! I am so thankful to have her for my mom! She is always so kind to everyone, is so fun to be around, & is such a great example for me. I hope when I am a mom, I can be just like her!



Nate had been gone for 3 days at a conference, & got back Friday night. It was so nice to have a relaxing night with him & just watch a movie and have dinner together. I played an April Fools joke on him that consisted of a chocolate dipped strawberry that had the inside cut out and filled with chili paste and spicy cocktail sauce, he was not to happy about it... that's just how the holiday goes though!



Saturday was General Conference, so we made breakfast burritos & watched it in our pajamas. I always love conference & it is my favorite when it is right after Easter. It is such a great way to start Spring. In between the morning & afternoon session, we got the best basil marscapone burgers & fries from New York Flavor & went to Home Depot to get some flowers & backyard supplies. Then we watched the rest of conference & Nate went to Priesthood while I watched the Relief Society broadcast. It was very uplifting and gave a lot of messages of hope & about doing service.

Sunday we made Lemon Ricotta pancakes with strawberries that turned out sooo good! We watched conference together all day & made pizza & pizookies for dinner followed by a long walk w/ Blitzen. Lately, the weather has been perfect in the evening & it is so nice going for long walks.


This picture of Blitzen cracks me up, he is always picking up random stuff on walks and his legs look so funny when he walks!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Sounds the the prefect weekend ash! That picture of Blitzen is so cute. I love his personality. And what an AWESOME April Fools joke! Filling a choclolate dipped strawberry - ha hah aha
    MElissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too, haha!!!! And then Nate wouldn't eat any of the regular chocolate dipped strawberries, so I just ate them all!!!

      Delete

Flickr Images