Multnomah Falls, Pine State Biscuits, and a Temple Trip

7:21 AM

In August, we hiked Multnomah Falls. It is in Oregon and about 45 minutes from where we live. It was such a pretty hike! The first and largest waterfall is right off the highway, you can even see it as you are driving by. We stopped there for a bit and then headed up the trail. The trail was easy and had a beautiful view of the forest. I still can't get over how green it is here!!! I have never seen so many different shades of green before! We hiked for about 2 hours and saw a few more pretty waterfalls. Then we headed to Portland and got lunch from the food trucks. We got gigantic gyros and baklava from a Greek truck.



Another weekend we went to Pine State Biscuits (Nate hadn't been there yet). I am in love with that place, it is just the best! I got fresh apple cider and biscuits and gravy and Nate got the Reggie sandwich, fried chicken, bacon, cheese, and gravy between a biscuit. I'm going to get that one next time, I don't even like fried chicken but I tried some of Nate's sandwich and it was delicious!


After breakfast, we went to the Portland Temple for the first time. It was so beautiful and reminded me a little of the San Diego temple. I love how it is made completely of marble.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You guys know how to have fun! I can't wait to come and visit, I am sure you will have every neat place figured out by then. And every good place to eat. I am glad that you married someone as obsessed with food as our family is, he fits right in :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images