Our 1st Visitors!!

7:19 AM

After we had been in our apartment for a few days, Derek and Nicole (Nate's dad and sister) drove up in my car, which was jammed full of the rest of our stuff! Derek only got to stay a night because of work but Nicole got to stay a few days! Nate had to start training for work, so Nicole and I explored Portland. We found a lot of amazing places to eat! I love living by Portland, there is so much to do there, and more importantly, every place I have eaten there has been sooo good!

The first day Nicole and I went to Voodoo Donuts. There was a line out the door, but it was worth the wait! We got a dozen donuts: maple bacon, chocolate peanut butter oreo, grape lavender, and mexican hot chocolate were some of the kinds we got! Then we walked around downtown and saw Chinatown. It was fun looking in the little shops and people watching! There are a ton of very interesting people around Portland! We got lunch on Alder street, it is lined with tons of food trucks and they are all so delicious and so cheap! We tried dumplings, chicken and rice (I think it was called dim sum), and baklava. Everything was sooo good!



The next day went to the International Rose Test Garden. Nate and I had gone there when we visited a few months earlier when he had his job interview and it was fun to go again. The garden has hundreds of different kinds of roses. They smell so good and I love all of the colors. We found an amazing place to eat, Pine State Biscuits. They have the BEST biscuits and gravy, biscuit sandwiches, apple cider, and jam ever. My mouth waters just thinking about it! There was a cute little bakery across the street that we got some sweets at afterwards.



On one of the afternoons, we went on a hike with Nate in Forest Park, near Portland. Everything was so green, mossy, and beautiful! We spent most of the time looking for wild blackberries!

It was so much fun getting to spend some time with Nicole, I am so glad I have such sweet and fun in laws!!! We can't wait to have some more visitors!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images