The Next Step

10:06 AM

Well, the next 2 weeks we will be starting the process of IUI. I called the Fertility Treatment Center yesterday so we could get everything set up. The nurses there are so nice & I feel so grateful that we found out about the FTC, it was just when we needed to & I know that was a blessing from God. I know that I am not pregnant yet, but I can already look back on many things during these past few years & see the Lord's hand. Though it has been hard wanting to have children but not being able to these past few years, I am thankful for the time that Nate & I have had together. I know that this experience has strengthened us. I'm thankful for the trips that we were able to take together & that we could enjoy those times without worrying about infertility & the timing of anything & the procedures to come.

Nowadays, I do spend a lot of time worrying & I try to keep myself busy so that I don't have time to worry. I wish so badly that I wasn't so scared of shots & IV's & that I didn't feel so panicked & worry about it so much lately. I know that overcoming my fears & going through these procedures will be worth it in the end. One of my other fears is public speaking & on Sunday, we were encouraged to come up & bear our testimony if we felt prompted or if it had been a long time. I was sooo nervous but just felt like I needed to bear my testimony to show my love to the Savior. After a few prayers for courage, I went up there & was able to bear my testimony of my love for the Savior & my knowledge that we are given trials because the Lord knows we need them. That we grow closer to our Heavenly Father through trials & can always turn to Him for comfort & peace. Afterwards, I felt thankful that I was able to bear my testimony. I know that my Heavenly Father will help me to get through this procedure & whatever is to come. I have faith in Him & I trust His plan for me.

I will be going into the doctor's office today to have an ultrasound & to pick up the shots. One thing that really is a blessing is that when I called to see about starting the treatment, the nurse asked me if I wanted to do IUI with injections or without. I asked what was recommended by the doctor or her & she said that you always have a better chance with injections, but it does increase your chance of having multiples (especially twins). I asked the cost of the injections since IUI is already going to cost $1,000 & she said they would be about $300 but she would check if they had a sample kit. She came back a minute later & said that she had a sample kit so they would be free if we chose that option. I felt like it was meant to be & such a blessing that we will be able to have a higher chance & not have to pay the extra $300. It also made it easier to make the decision. I am thankful for the Lord & for all He has blessed us with. I'm thankful to know that He is watching over us. I'm trying not to get too much hope up, but I do feel very hopeful & excited to think that we might possibly be pregnant within the next month. How amazing would that be?! When I do get pregnant, I am going to enjoy it as much as I can! I don't want to worry about complications, I just want to feel completely happy & thankful to the Lord.



The cutest cluster of towns, Cinque Terre, where we walked about a million steps last summer! Worth it for the beautiful views!!!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images