Halloween

1:06 PM

This Halloween was really fun! The day before Halloween, Nate and I carved a pumpkin and I made a special Halloween dinner: pumpkin chili, toasted pumpkin seeds, and homemade pumpkin pie (with fresh roasted pumpkin). I may have gone a little overboard with the pumpkin theme... The pie was sooo good though, I made it in little ramekins and will definitely be making them again next year!



On Halloween morning, I went on a hike with the cubscouts that I work with. We did the waterfall hike at the White Tank Mountains. They had a great time and it was a fun way to start the morning! The only problem is I have started doing lunges after running each morning. I must have done too many and also my legs are way out of shape for lunges, so my legs have been hurting sooo bad all weekend. I seriously though something was wrong with them they hurt so bad! Anyways, because of this, we had a lazy Saturday afternoon. Nate made me breakfast and I stayed on the couch all afternoon trying not to move my legs!

Then we went to our ward Trunk or Treat. It was fun having dinner with everyone in our ward and then decorating our trunk and giving out candy to all of the cute little kids. I love seeing everyone's costumes. Nate refused to dress up with me even though I had a lot of great couples costume ideas (him- the grinch, me-cindy lou who, him-yoshi, me- princess peach). Last year he said he would only dress up if we did the characters in Lars and the Real Girl- he would be Ryan Gosling and I would be a doll in a wheelchair... Oh well, maybe when we have kids!!!

After Trunk or Treat, we went to House of Fear, a haunted house that a family makes each year in their own home. It was amazing, and so much work must have gone into it! Then we headed home to watch a scary movie. All in all, a great Halloween!!! Now the countdown to Christmas!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images