Portland Eats

8:48 AM

One of our favorite things about Portland is the food. If anyone knows me they know I love to eat good food and I looove dessert(mostly all things chocolate). Nate and I soon found out that Vancouver has no good places to eat. They rated Subway as the best sandwich shop... Anyways, after going out to eat in Portland, I fell in love with every place we went. One of the best things is the million food carts that are everywhere. They have the BEST food and are so cheap! We have gone to about 4 of the different larger food cart spots, and there are still a ton we haven't tried. Here are a few pics of some of our favorite places to eat here.

Urban Fondue:
This is the first place that we ate, when we were visiting Vancouver/Portland to see if we wanted to move here. It is still one of our favorite places to eat! (The smoked cheddar fondue and heath bar chocolate fondue are our favorites.)


Pine State Biscuit:
Nate's sister,Nicole, & I discovered this place when she was visting! We were going to a bakery to get some sweets and saw a line out the door for this place. It smelled so good, we had to try it! The Reggie sandwich is amazing! Biscuit, fried chicken, bacon, cheese, & gravy (aka heart attack sandwich, but it is so good!) They also have the best apple cider and marionberry jam.
<

Salt & Straw:
Delicious ice cream. Favorite flavor= almond brittle with salted ganache & also honey balsamic strawberry


The largest group of food trucks we have found (on 5th Ave). Nate usually gets a gyro and I usually get a falafel wrap here. The dumpling truck is also so good too! All of the trucks looks so good here!


Good Food Here Food Trucks:
Best Mac'n'Cheese and hawaiian food truck with malasadas!!



Blue Star Donuts:
Fun flavors and so good! (Voodoo donuts is good too but I can't find a picture from it. I like this place best though.)


Pearl Bakery:
This place is so cute! It is right across the street from Powell Book Store so we usually stop here after. They have the best hot chocolate with tons of whipped cream, delicious bread, and the donut looking thing is called a gibassier- it is my favorite! It has orange peel in it and is so light and fluffy.

I kept trying to get a funny pic of Nate sipping his hot chocolate, this is the best one I got (:


This pizza is from the Pyro pizza food truck. It's really good. My favorite margherita pizza here is from Lovely's Fifty-fifty though. It's amazing. Nate is eating PB & Jelly fries from the Potato Champion truck. They are delicious too and have satay peanut sauce and raspberry chipotle jelly.)



These are only half of our favorite places! I think it's safe to say we have gotten a lot of good eating in since we've been here!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images