San Diego Christmas, Part I

10:09 AM

We spent this Christmas in warm, beautiful San Diego! We were there for 7 days and were able to spend a lot of time with family and do so many fun things! Nate's brother and 2 sisters were all home, so it was fun being able to hang out with everyone! Our first night, we went to the San Diego temple to look at the lights and have hot chocolate. It was our first time being back to the temple since we were married there and was fun to reminisce on our wedding day there! I still remember being at the temple the day before I was married to be endowed. Nate and I took a picture to remember it by and I remember thinking "this is so crazy that we will be married here tomorrow!" It was such a surreal feeling! After temple lights we drove through Christmas Card Lane, a neighborhood where every house has a Disney or character theme. Nate & I had gone there when we were dating and have gone through every year since.




On Monday Ryan, Nate, & I went to L.A. to visit Nate's grandma. We had a nice visit with her and then stopped at Cafe Rio on the way back.

Tuesday we went to Disneyland and California Adventure! Nate hadn't been to Disneyland for over 10 years and neither of us had been there around Christmas time! It was so much fun and all of the decorations were amazing! My new favorite ride is Tower of Terror at California Adventure, I loved it!!! We also loved The Haunted Mansion because it was decorated with Nightmare Before Christmas decorations and was awesome!!! It was pretty crowded, so we used a lot of fast passes! One funny thing, we had been there about 4 hours and Nicole asked Ryan what his favorite ride was. Then we realized we had all only been on 2 rides so far.. haha! It was still so fun though! I somehow was the only person ever that got completely soaked on the Matterhorn! And then we went on Splash Mountain and all got soaked and freezing! It was such a fun day!


My new favorite ride!!















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images