New Years in AZ

1:01 PM

The Sunday that we got back from San Diego, we picked Brittany & Matt up at the airport in Phoenix. They were in China teaching English for about 5 months and wanted to surprise my mom and dad by coming home a few days early! I had told my my that Nate & I wanted to come spend the night at their house to see them and Ally. Britt & Matt's flight got delayed a little, so we didn't end up getting to my mom & dad's until about 10. When we pulled into the driveway, Britt & Matt hid behind my dad's truck and I hid to videotape everyone's reaction. Ally had seen our car and ran outside and saw me and started screaming! Then she saw Britt & Matt and really started screaming!! Then my mom came out & was so happy and surprised too! Dad was asleep already, but woke up with all the noise! It was so fun to see Britt & Matt and hear all of their stories!



The next day we all went to The Hobbit and really liked it. I looove the AMC theater by my mom's. They re-did it and it has huge, cushy recliner chairs for every seat, it is amazing! Then we headed to Mesa to have our annual Flake Family White Elephant Party. It is always crazy and fun and a little inappropriate... haha! It was so much fun seeing everyone, I love being able to come to so many family events now that we live closer! Kade ended up winning the toilet and was so excited thinking he could have it installed in his room!



The next morning, we went to Last Chance! I usually always find shoes I love there. This time I didn't but I found a lot of really cute jewelry for really cheap and a nice tie for Nate. Then we had lunch at Cheesecake Factory to celebrate's Britt's birthday!




On New Years Eve we had a big dinner at Brooke & Cody's. We made everything that we usually have on Christmas Eve. It was so good! Then we played games and hung out until about 10 and then headed to Nate & I's house. We had Brittany, Matt, Ally, Rhett, Ethan, & Kade over for a sleepover. We stayed up until midnight eating food and playing games and then lit off some fireworks and sparklers in the street. Our street is always sooo quiet, which is nice. But it's funny, it was completely quiet even on New Years Eve! We stayed up until almost 2 am and even the boys all stayed up! Poor Rhett came over to us at about 1:30am looking sooo tired and asking when we were going to sleep.. haha! It was a really fun New Years Eve!





In the morning, Nate & I made a big breakfast for everyone! It has been so much fun having our own house and having people spend the night or come over!

We went to the temple to do baptisms one day and that was really nice to be there will my sisters and Rhett! (Nate had to coach wrestling almost every morning and couldn't come!)



We had so much fun spending time with everyone!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images